A dictation/transcription solution is able to use the API to determine which providers in a practice are using their service.
What value does following this workflow provide to an API user?
The purpose of rolling out this new table, and associated APIs, is to provide better visibility to practices on which providers are using a dictation solution, to provide visibility to athena Customer Service Center operators on which dictation method trouble shooting workflow should be followed during a support call, and to help provide future functionality enhancements to our dictation/transcription partners.
Where are these provider values displayed in athenaNet?
When logged into athenaNet users can click on the Gear in the top menu, then under MY CONFIGURATIONS click the DICTATION menu link. On the Configure Dictation page users will find a new section titled Provider Dictation Settings. This table lists which providers in a practice are using which solutions for dictation and which are using solutions for transcription. Practice administrators will be responsible for setting these values for their providers. If no values have been set by the practice this section will be blank.
What APIs will allow a partner to view values for a provider in the dictation table?
- Gets the dictation settings for all of the providers configured by a specific partner.
- When a practice’s dictation setting is set to “Dictate in athenaNet”, the API will only set a provider’s dictationtype as “Dictate in athenaNet”. An error will result when trying to use “Dictate in other application”.
- When a practice’s dictation setting is set to “Dictate in other application”, the API will only set a provider’s dictationtype as “Dictate in other application”. An error will result when trying to use “Dictate in athenaNet”.
- When a practice is set to “Dictate in athenaNet and other application”, the API will allow you to set a provider’s dictationtype as either type.
- If no providers are added to the dictation table for a practice, all providers will reflect the dictation setting for that practice.
Please contact your Partner Success Manager if the context you are working on is not configured properly for your services.